The 14 Day Count Down to Valentines – Just for the Men
OK guys, the reality is that Valentine’s Day is probably more important to her than you; it’s just the way most women are. Whether you’ve been married for a long time, have a steady girlfriend or are in a budding relationship, there are certain important do’s and don’ts for Valentine’s Day. Here’s some food for thought that is sure to have both of you smiling by the end of the night!
1. Pick out your card now, before all the good ones are gone. Bonus points for sending an e-card in addition to the hard copy, extra bonus for writing your own poetic version. P.S. – no silly singing cards- Valentine’s Day is not a good holiday for jokes.
2. Plan ahead –reservations at nice restaurants go fast! Make sure you know her dietary habits… nothing will turn her off more than taking her to a steak restaurant if she’s a vegetarian, even if you love red meat. This is her night, so take her likes into consideration.
3. Want to really impress her? Plan a romantic 4-course dinner at home. Women love a guy who can cook and not just order pizza or Chinese for delivery.
4. Light the night. Take a trip to Pier One or another home décor store for some really nice candles. Research shows that scents like vanilla, caramel and cinnamon relax the body and help your partner get “in the mood”.
5. Find out what your honey’s favorite flower is – it’s okay to ask her best girlfriend if you don’t already know. Roses are too predictable and boring – score extra points by sending the bouquet to her work.
6. Put together a playlist of romantic tunes. The right background music is a great mood enhancer!
7. Invest in a small box of quality chocolates. Nothing against drug store or supermarket candy, but a few great melt-in-your-mouth truffles beat the mega box of waxy chocolate any day
8. Take a trip to the fragrance counter with your partner and pick out a new smell for each other.
9. If you’re already intimate, take your lover out the week before and purchase some sexy lingerie or silk nightie together. Better that she picks out something that she is comfortable in than you having to figure out if her body size is really “just about like the sales girl”.
10. If you’re driving or planning on taking her back to your place, make sure your car is clean and the house is picked up. Women notice details and most find it hard to relax when they are surrounded with junk and clutter. Make the night stress free by planning ahead so the whole experience is enjoyable.
11. Stay focused on your sweetheart. Unless she’s as much of a diehard fan as you are, don’t turn the game on. And shut your phone off. Nothing will turn her off more than you discussing your next business deal or picking up a call from your mother.
12. Limit the alcohol on Cupid’s Day. Red wine is certainly romantic, but more than two glasses puts a damper on the evening and possibly the next morning. Keep your passion alive and drink moderately.
13. For women, Valentine’s Day is about the whole experience. Enjoying each other’s company, good communication and loving attention makes the night truly fulfilling. If you happen to end up in bed for a passionate romp, great….but it should never be your only goal.
14. Love your lover! Give her compliments, admire her beauty and affirm her intelligence! Make her the center of your evening and you are sure to have a very Happy Valentine’s Day!